Thursday, June 25, 2009

The CO .... we are done .... kind of


A few weeks ago we finally had the final inspection. It felt like the day that I turned in my PhD dissertation. Lots of work for many years and even more stress waiting to see if I would pass. The inspector came by for a visit and was there for about 20 minutes. He was and has been great to work with. Other than a few minor items he said we were good to go and to call him in a few days to sign off on the permit after we did the hour of fixes.

We added an outlet on the back of the house, pulled together documentation on the safety film on the windows and put some returns on the stair rails. The inspector showed up for his final visit about 5 minutes before a had a conference call and left with about a minute to spare. Not to gloat ... but you will notice no marks in the middle or failed inspection column. I was shooting for a perfect record but did not plan on getting one.




The house is nowhere near complete but we figure that we have at least 3-4 decades left to work on it, but at a slower pace. Watch for more updates in the near future now that there is more time to blog.













9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! Getting the CO is a huge step.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Cheers! We can't wait to see more interior photos.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Gil said...

Hello,

My name is Gil McNeill. My wife Cheryl & I live in Chatham County as well! What great documentation of your home building process!

I stumbled across your blog because Cheryl & I have bought 32 acres down in south/central Chatham and are going to be building. We bought a used Woodmizer and would like to use some trees on the land for whatever we can.

If possible we'd love to pick your brains about your experience...especially about the saw milling part...

In any case you may have retired this blog, so I'm not sure you'll get this...but I figured I'd try.

Thanks,

Gil
email: gilmcneill at gmail.com (replace the "at" with @)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Suffolk Bathroom Remodelers said...

Love your cabin. Makes me think of going on vacationon.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Kitchen Design said...

Great information, keep something as interested as this.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous irginia Beach Kitchen Remodel said...

Thanks for the great idea about data recovery backup.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Virginia Beach Kitchen Remodeling said...

IT EXCITED ME TO SEE WHAT IS INSIDE.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog last night. I am interested in doing something similar, but I don't know if it is feasible. My question for you is: In what manner were you and your wife employed elsewhere? Were you working a full time job? Your wife? How many hours per day did you spend on the house? Thanks, and I apologize if you have mentioned this elsewhere.

8:27 AM  
Blogger senate cleaning said...

Commercial areas need to meet the standing operating procedure during these times of a raging pandemic.Commercial Cleaning Alexandria It includes impeccable cleaning and sanitation of the commercial area. So hire the commercial cleaning Alexandria service to make sure you meet these SOPs.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats