Friday, November 10, 2006

It's a longer walk to get the paper now.....


It is a longer walk to get the newspaper now. The house we moved from a few weeks ago had a 50 ft driveway and the houses were about 30 feet apart. Now we are on a 1/4 mile drive and the only houses near to us are just becoming visible with the leaves falling off the trees.

Our two kids used to love to run to the end of the driveway to get the paper in the morning but now they are not so keen to do this given the distance. Here are some of the views as I walked back to the house after getting the paper.

Out at the road you start out with a long flat stretch that goes by a nice German shepherd. Note to self :I'll need to start bringing dog treats for him in the future.

Following that it opens to some nice views of the adjacent property. This morning there was a decent amount of fog lingering above the trees as you can see in this picture.

We have a small "traffic circle" about half way down the drive and then past the pond the drive goes up to the house.

I guess the walk was not too long since I still had half a mug of coffee left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I wish my walk for the paper was that beautiful. Fantastic place you have - my idea of heaven.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats